Duration: 3.5 hours
At your accommodation
In case your accommodation is not centrally located: meeting point can be arranged at the Absolute Tour Center – 1065 Budapest, Lázár utca 16 or in a previously agreed meeting point
Online Tour Booking
Highlights and Themes
- An in-depth look at Hungary under Communism
- Historical markers on the political map including the Revolution of 1956, both World Wars and a general overview of the 19th-century
- Explore our own unique exhibition of contemporary day to day life (display of furniture, photos, artifacts, relics, publications)
- The Soviet invasion of 1956: speeches, protests, marches
- How we survived under the eye of Big Brother
- The fall of the Iron Curtain and its effects
- Visit a retro lounge for a refreshment stop
Private professional English speaking guide
Refreshment stop in a retro lounge
Visit to our own private exhibition room
Public transportation during the tour
Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
Know before you go
Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
Visiting the exhibition room requires the ability to climb one storey of stairs (with handrail).
Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately.
In case your accommodation is not centrally located: meeting point can be arranged at Absolute Tour Center behind the Opera House