In-depth small group Budapest Castle District walk 2.5 hrs
Get to know the Buda Castle District!
Hungarian history of the Buda Castle District, from the first stone set to the modern day version we see today! Through a this guided tour you’ll learn all about the history of the Buda Castle District.
Highlights and Themes
- Buda castle area, history of occupation.
- Medieval stories of kings whom resided here
- The modern era and present day of the Buda castle area
- Fun facts and stories
- Visit the Fisherman’s Bastion and Matyas Church (outside only)
- Coffee and cake stop
Current prices and availabilities are published on our online reservation system.online booking
Inclusions: English speaking guide entrance to Matthias Church, coffee stop, stops for photos and questions.
Exclusions: Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
Please check available dates and times on our online reservation system.
Meeting point: Buda Castle District I, Szentháromság tér Holy Trinity statue
(in the middle of the square, outside the Matyas Church).
Conclusion point: Tour ends in the Buda Castle District, near Matthias Church.
Duration: 2,5 hours
Historical overview of the Buda Castle district, with a private walk through the small cobblestone streets and squares. Feeling the medieval aspects from the first stone laid to the present day use. Your guide will lead you through the castle area and the historical points, occupations and roles it played throughout the Hungarian history.
Through the private guided small group tour you will see the major areas of Royal Palace, Presidential palace, Disz Square, Holy Trinity Square, Hess András Square and the Fisherman's Bastion. We show you around inside the Matthias Church with its stories and legends. We take a break with coffee and cake in a cosy café ot the Castle District.
Our walking tours are small personal groups and generally do not have more than 15 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide plus hit them up for local tips of where to go and what else to do.
- Infant(s) free up to 2 years, children: 3-12 years half adult price 13 years and older are charged at student price, student rate will require a valid student ID card when joining the tour.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Please wear modest clothing (covering shoulders and thighs) when visiting the church. Male visitors are requested to enter with bare head - unless this is against the rules of their religion.
- Supplier reserves the right to make changes -when necessary- without prior notice.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given. No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.