Budapest Absolute All In One Walking Tour with coffee and dessert stop! – 3 hours
Experience the Real Budapest, More than Churches & Castles!
The most recommended tour in Budapest! Complete overview of history, Buda Castle, Inner Pest sights, Heroes' Sq, City Park & all the major sights in between in an entertaining & interactive walk divulging Budapest’s best kept secrets
Highlights and Themes
- Small groups with an English speaking guide
- Free coffee and two Hungarian pastries included*
- Innovative stories, interactive participation encouraged
- Overview of Hungarian History and Culture
- Visit to Heroes' Sq and City Park with a peek into a bath house
- Inner Pest – Opera, Andrassy, Basilica, Deák Sq, Erzsébet Sq
- Walking District Area – Váci St, Vörösmarty Sq. Danube Promenade, Chain Bridge
- Buda Castle District – Royal Palace, Fisherman's Bastion, Matthias Church
Current prices and availabilities are published on our online reservation system.online booking
Inclusions: English speaking guide, coffee or soft drink with 2 homemade pastries, public transport tickets during the tour, many stops for photos and questions.
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages except where noted, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
Please check available dates and times on our online reservation system.
Absolute Tours Center – Budapest, Lázár utca 16 just behind the Opera House.
Duration: 3,5 hours
Our walking tour begins at the Opera House and then a short ride on the Millennium metro out to the Heroes' Sq and City Park. There you’ll have a great introduction to the rich Hungarian history and culture through the chronological line of kings. Then we walk through the city park to visit the Vajdahunyad Castle (outside only), a complex built for the world fare in 1896 displaying typical architecture found throughout Hungary.
Next, a stop off at Széchenyi bath house (with a peek inside when open) to learn about the amazing bath culture this country has to offer. Next we take the Millennium metro back towards the city center and stop off at the end of Andrassy Blvd. where you’ll hear about the significance the street brought to culture and nobility.
After our city park visit we head over to the St. Stephen’s Basilica (outside only) before we take a break in a café for a taste of Hungary’s famous pastry called “retes” which is a traditional type of strudel. Here guests will each get two homemade pastries and a coffee or soft drink (included in the tour). After our refreshment break we head down to the riverside to see the famous blue Danube. Here we will take in the spectacular view of Gellert hill and the Citadel, Buda Hills and the Royal Palace as we cross the river via Budapest’s Chain Bridge.
For the final leg of the tour we climb the steps up into the Buda Castle District and then wander through the old cobble stone streets and alleys to our finishing point in front of the Matthias church and Fisherman’s Bastion. At the conclusion of the tour the guide will help with ideas, directions and more!
Conclusion point: Tour ends in the Buda Castle District, near Matthias Church
Our walking tours are small personal groups and generally do not have more than 15 participants, making them interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide plus hit them up for local tips of where to go and what else to do.
- Infant(s) free up to 2 years, children: 3-12 years half adult price 13 years and older are charged at student price, student rate will require a valid student ID card when joining the tour.
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours.
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given. No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.
- Supplier reserves the right to make changes -when necessary- without prior notice.