All Around Hungary Wine Tasting with snacks – 2 hours
Learn about the Hungarian wines and its history!
Our program will walk you through the history of winemaking in Hungary and let you taste and discover just what is new and up and coming!
Highlights and Themes
- 6 tier wine tasting
- Typical Hungarian wine tidbit snacks
- Tips on types of wine to try
Current prices and availabilities are published on our online reservation system.online booking
Inclusions: English speaking commentary for 6 tier wine tasting with small snacks.
Exclusions: Entry fees to sights and museums, food and beverages except where noted, transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point, gratuity/tip.
Please check available dates and times on our online reservation system.
Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday at 15:00 - Faust Wine Cellar (inside of the dominican cellar of the Hilton Hotel) I. district, Buda Castle, Hess András tér 1-3)
Duration: 2 hours
A new and exciting era is coming to the Hungarian wine industry, become part of it! With over 22 entirely different wine regions and more than 100 different varietals of which 30+ are indigenous to Hungary you'll have plenty to discover.
Our wine tasting program is designed to introduce the mainstream Hungarian wines as well as teach our guests about the wines grown and how they are crafted in Hungary today. Your wine tasting experience will take place in a specialised Hungarian wine bar and the expert staff will walk you through the 6 types we offer and explain all the significant geographical origin and history behind each of them. Of the 6 wines to be tried 1 will be Tokaj selection and the others will be a mix of red and whites that will introduce you to the wines being made in Hungary. In addition you'll also get to taste some typical Hungarian snacks and pick the brain of your wine expert for other wines to try during your stay.
We offer 2 locations to our guests to choose from: -The 3 pm Wine tasting experience is held in the Castle District in a wine cellar in the ruins of a former Dominican Cloister. (important notice:Participants must be able to walk up and down several flights of stairs with handrails without difficulty.) - The 6 pm tour takes place in a specialised wine bar that serves only the best Hungarian wine. It's located in the heart of the city, in the center of Pest.
- Program takes place in a wine cellar in the ruins of a former Dominican Cloister. Participants must be able to walk up and down several flights of stairs with handrails without difficulty.
- Tour goes with a minimum reservation of two people.
- Student price, student rate will require a valid student ID card when joining the tour.
- No one under 18 is permitted on this tour and everyone MUST care a picture ID card or passport for age verification.
- Right to refuse service and or drinks to overly intoxicated participants. Drink responsibly and have a good time!
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given. No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.