Danube Bend Tour – 9 hours
Highlights and themes
- Esztergom, Visegrád and Szentendre
- Visit the largest cathedral of Hungary in Esztergom
- See the fascinating Panorama on the Danube Valley in Visegrád
- Visit the artist's village Szentendre
- Stop for lunch (optional, not included)
Current prices and availabilities are published on our online reservation system.online booking
Please check available dates and times on our online reservation system.
The price includes free pick-up service 30 minutes before the tour starts.
Please make sure you leave us your accomodation details!
Visegrád: we walk close to the 750 year-old stones of the formal Royal Residence (entrance fee not included), learn about life in the middle ages and enjoy the fascinating panorama on the Danube Valley
Esztergom: the Northern gate of Budapest – the centre of the Catholic Church. We visit the largest cathedral of Hungary (also burial place of famous cardinals of Hungary, like Primate József Mindszenty). Afterwards, we glance across the river and enjoy the view over to Slovakia.
Szentendre: On the way back we stop in the artist's village of Szentendre. It is a small baroque city at the gate of the Danube Bend, at the meeting place of the river Danube and the Pilis mountains, in a beautiful natural environment. We walk around the baroque settlement, built on medieval ruins and go up the narrow streets to the panorama point to see the Danube. We then simply enjoy the special atmosphere of this village. You can also take the opportunity to visit the museums (for example the world-famous Margit Kovács Ceramic Museum, the Confectionery Museum-with buildings and people made of marzipan), or you can choose to visit the shops of the village.
During the summer (between the 1st of May and the 28th of September) we return to Budapest on the Danube by boat. (In case of low water and during winter time return to Budapest by bus.)
Terms and Cancellations:
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 30 minutes with short breaks
- Tour goes in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately. Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Programs cancelled within 72 hours of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty where no refunds are given.
- No show or non-participation on tour/program will not be refunded.